D Bit Reflow Oven Controller Shield
This shield allows any standard-size Arduino (not Nano) to control a (modified)
toaster oven for reflow soldering. It reads a thermocouple and switches the
toaster oven on and off using a solid-state relay, to follow a programmed
temperature profile and reflow solder paste for SMT soldering.
This is only the shield. You will also need:
- An Arduino (Uno or Due or clones are fine -- 3.3- or 5-volt signaling).
Not a Nano.
- A wall wart to power the Arduino.
- A toaster oven which you have modified to always turn on whenever AC power
is applied. If you aren't qualified to do this, don't try.
- A solid-state relay rated to switch the toaster oven based on a 3VDC
control signal, and wiring to connect these together safely. eBay is a good
- A type K thermocouple with a bare-wire tip (not shielded in a metal
tube), such as this one.
- An LCD display (16x2 is enough) with an HD44780-compatible controller and
a 16-pin male SIP header on the back of the PCB (ideally at the top edge).
Again, eBay is a good
The instruction sheet is available here, and the Arduino sketch (i.e. software source file)
is available here (right click, save
Reflow shield price: US $35.00 (including worldwide postage), plus sales tax
in MA and NY
(With fume extraction for extra safety)
For more information contact
139 Stafford Road
Monson, MA 01057
Voice: +1 (413) 267-4600
FAX: (by appointment only, call voice line first)
Copyright © 2019 by D Bit. All rights reserved.
[ Home |